Subscribe for news:
- About EFCA
- Grants and tenders
- Donors and Partners
Citizen Engagement and Good Governance
- Youth and Education
- Citizen Engagement and Good Governance
- Support for entrepreneurship
- Support for Vulnerable Groups
- Development of Corporate Social Responsibility
Training is organized by the Eurasia Foundation of Central Asia in the framework of the project "Initiative for the human rights NGOs sustainability",
On 25-27 April in Almaty a training was held for representatives of NGOs involved in human rights activities. The training was organized by the
Human rights NGOs sustainability initiative
The financial and economic crisis that has engulfed the whole world was reflected in the development of Kazakh NGOs. The level of international donor support to the activities of NGOs in Kazakhstan significantly reduced after reaching a peak in the 2000s. The activities of many NGOs are still dependent on the support of international donors or the state social order.
Weak organizational and institutional development, the lack of knowledge and skills in project management and lack of experience, lead to unstable work of NGOs in the development of program activities, the lack of long-term results and the provision of low-quality services to their beneficiaries.
Kazakhstani human rights NGOs will be able to deliver more sustainable and quality services to its beneficiaries and achieve long-term results.
- Improved capacity of human rights NGOs to effectively design and manage successful projects
- Increased NGO knowledge and application of tools to support long-term program activities’ results and financial sustainability.
- As a result of the trainings, the participants of the project will increase the level of knowledge and skills in the field of human rights.
- The gained knowledge and skills will enable participants to develop the sustainable program activities of the organization.
The target group of the project: 20 NGOs (with experience of at least 3 years).
Project Location: Republic of Kazakhstan
Project in mass media
Donors and Partners
Resourses and Files
Geographic reach of the project
Search by projects
Other projects of this program area
The overall objective of the GGIF is to promote institutionalized good governance reforms that result in improved service delivery, public policy, legislation, or regulations. The GGIF is designed to expand funding opportunities for rural and non-traditional organizations outside of capital cities while capitalizing on grassroots innovations.Read More
To strengthen capacities of NGO Expert Centre and NGOs in Kazakhstan for improved social services provision.Read More
The project goal is Kazakhstani human rights NGOs will be able to deliver more sustainable and quality services to its beneficiaries and achieve long-term results.Read More
The program aims to promote citizens’ engagement in the improvement of shared public spaces in Kulsary by providing tools and mechanisms to actively participate in the planning, management, and maintenance of public parks, common spaces, and local housing.Read More