Subscribe for news:
- About EFCA
- Grants and tenders
- Donors and Partners
Support for Vulnerable Groups
- Youth and Education
- Citizen Engagement and Good Governance
- Support for entrepreneurship
- Support for Vulnerable Groups
- Development of Corporate Social Responsibility
On April 27, 2017, Eurasia Foundation of Central Asia (EFCA) held the closing conference and a press conference presenting the results of the
On 27 March 2015, Eurasia Foundation of Central Asia (EFCA)organized the conference on the results of the "Strengthening CSO Networking for Human
A new project “Empowering South Kazakhstan CSOs to promote human rights reforms” is launched by the Eurasia Foundation of Central Asia (EFCA) with
Reforming Legal Aid for The Vulnerable
To enhance the protection of individual rights of vulnerable people in particular in the wider criminal and civil justice systems, through improving access to government funded legal aid.
• Through rigorous field research and monitoring of legislation, to identify major challenges and barriers preventing vulnerable people from accessing government funded legal aid as they face criminal or civil affairs.
• To advocate at the national level for criminal and civil justice reforms in particular in the area of access to legal aid for vulnerable populations.
• To raise awareness of vulnerable people about specific mechanisms of accessing the legal aid.
• The main barriers preventing vulnerable people from accessing legal aid are identified and recommendations for improvement of legislation developed
• The recommended improvements on the provision of legal aid to the vulnerable groups are adapted and included in the legislative drafting plan of the Ministry of Justice of Kazakhstan for 2019.
• Improved access to legal aid for vulnerable groups through increased public awareness of the mechanisms of obtaining government funded legal aid.
• Creation of an Expert Committee;
• Research and monitoring of legislation;
• Study tour to Georgia (Tbilisi);
• Regional round tables;
• Expert evaluation of proposed recommendations on improvement of legislation;
• National conference “Reforming Legal Aid for the Vulnerable” and a round-table for deputies of Mazhilis;
• Advocacy campaign in the regions
• Final project evaluation
7 regions of Kazakhstan: Almaty, South Kazakhstan, Zhambyl, Karagandy, Pavlodar, East Kazakhstan and West Kazakhstan oblasts
Akmaral Karlybayeva, Project manager, tel.: +7 (727) 250 18 10, ext. 120, cell: +7 701 346 21 77, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donors and Partners
Resourses and Files
Geographic reach of the project
Search by projects
Other projects of this program area
From January 2017 the EFCA implements a 'Reforming Legal Aid for The Vulnerable' project supported by European Union Delegation to Kazakhstan.Read More
To empower the network of South Kazakhstan human rights organizations to promote recognition of human rights freedoms and improved access to services for vulnerable groups.Read More
To promote a more equitable and democratic society by strengthening the capacity of Kazakhstan’s rural civil society organizations.Read More
To strengthen the capacity of local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in four regions of South Kazakhstan to effectively advocate for human rights and access to justice for vulnerable populations, including rural women, at-risk children and youth and people with disabilities.Read More