Subscribe for news:
- About EFCA
- Grants and tenders
- Donors and Partners
Support for entrepreneurship
- Youth and Education
- Citizen Engagement and Good Governance
- Support for entrepreneurship
- Support for Vulnerable Groups
- Development of Corporate Social Responsibility
Boosting Entrepreneurship Potential in Kuryk
The project is designed to address the unemployment challenges faced by people in the Kuryk village of Mangistau Oblast. The project aims at developing needed skills and creating enabling environment for local residents to encourage them to start small businesses.
To achieve the goal, EFCA selected two approaches:
1) Business development component;
2) Handicrafts development component for local women.
- 20 new businesses will provide Kuryk community with goods and services.
- at least 40 new jobs will be created
- 15 women of Kuryk will receive regular income from handicrafts.
As a result of project activities, five new Kuryk business start-ups were created - a taxi service, quail farm, beauty salon, shoe repair shop, and a felt workshop. EFCA further continues the project by providing follow-up business consulting support to existing businesses, building increased technical capacity of local artisans, and improving the quality and market attractiveness of traditional crafts products.
Project in mass media
Donors and Partners
Resourses and Files
Search by projects
Other projects of this program area
Promotion of the innovative social initiatives aimed at ensuring the sustainable entrepreneurial solutions to social, economic, and environmental problems of communities in Atyrau and Zhylyoi area.Read More