Subscribe for news:
- About EFCA
- Grants and tenders
- Donors and Partners
Youth and Education
- Youth and Education
- Citizen Engagement and Good Governance
- Support for entrepreneurship
- Support for Vulnerable Groups
- Development of Corporate Social Responsibility
Construction of a Kindergarten in Ust-Kamenogorsk for 140 Children
The decision to build a kindergarten was based on desk research conducted by the Eurasia Foundation of Central Asia in 2010 through a commission by the AES Group of Companies in Kazakhstan; research methodology included the following:
- analysis of legislation;
- consultations with the Department of Education of Ust-Kamenogorsk (Head of the Department of Education A.A. Kuznetzov and Senior Specialist for Preschool Education G.R. Abdulina);
- interviews with the directors of two private and three state kindergartens;
- telephone-based market survey for preschool education in Ust-Kamenogorsk;
- analysis of standard and non-standard building plans for small and large kindergartens.
The results of the research confirmed that there is an acute shortage of kindergartens and rapidly growing demand among the population of Ust-Kamenogorsk for preschool education. For this reason, the EFCA research team explored multiple opportunities for opening new kindergartens. They determined that opening small-scale kindergartens is not currently a realistic response to the increasing demand. At the same time, the opening of large-occupancy kindergartens carries a number of benefits, including:
- large social impact (compared to small-occupancy kindergartens);
- kindergarten sustainability (large kindergartens are more profitable, and thus do not require external financial support)
Note: Mid-term research results are available below (attached file).
For these reasons, the AES Group of Companies in Kazakhstan decided to pursue construction of a large-occupancy (140-place) kindergarten in Ust-Kamenogorsk.
- Build a kindergarten in Ust-Kamenogorsk for 140 children.
- Identification and registration of land for kindergarten construction.
- Development of design and cost documentation for kindergarten construction.
- Identification of a contractor to manage construction.
- Transfer of kindergarten for 140 children to state ownership.
For additional information, please contact:
- Project Manager: Andrey Bachishe, EFCA Project Specialist, tel.: +7 (727) 250 18 10, ext. 105, mob.: +7 777 525 74 63, e-mail: email@example.com
Project in mass media
Donors and Partners
Resourses and Files
Промежуточные выводы по исследованию возможности открытия детского сада в г. Усть-Каменогорск (2010 г.)
download | pdf 0.289mb
Geographic reach of the project
Search by projects
Other projects of this program area
The project is designed to improve elementary schools education in Kuryk.
The project is aimed at increasing the level of satisfaction and motivation among rural children and youth for sports and healthy lifestyle.Read More
EFCA is serving as an independent institution to support design and construction of kindergarten. The kindergarten will be turned over to government ownership. The project will increase access to early childhood education in Oskemen by setting-up a large-scale kindergarten.Read More
The project is aimed at increasing the level of pre-school education in Kuryk/Read More
The project aims to increase the level of education and upbringing process in four schools and colleges of Kuryk village.Read More